Regardless of the wealth of information about the swingers lifestyle in general available online, there are still dozens of misconceptions held by non-participators. Here are some common myths about swingers followed by a few research backed truths.
5 Common Myths About the Swinging Lifestyle
- Swingers are Sexual Deviants—Nothing could be further from the truth. While some swingers may enjoy kinky sex, there’s no predominance of such fetishes amid lifestyle participants.
- Swingers are Prone to Cheating—Realistically, there’s little reason to cheat on a partner who shares a love of swinging that allows couples to be open about their desire for intimacy with others.
- Couples Who Swing Practice Unsafe Sex—Swingers are actually more likely to use condoms and practice safe sex than monogamous couples.
- Swingers are Strange and Unhappy People—A majority of swingers are successful individuals with steady jobs and are in happy, loving relationships. Many have children and are just as normal as anyone else.
- Swingers Will Sleep with Anyone—Active swingers tend to be rather choosy about who they share their time and partners with, and couples often choose potential partners together.
Some Facts About the Swinging Lifestyle
Not all swingers are young and sex crazed. In fact, the average age for men and women to enter the lifestyle is around 35 years of age. More than two-thirds of swingers are actively affiliated with religious organizations—about 10 percent higher than the general population. Approximately 80 percent of swingers are in committed relationships or are married, and they actually have far lower divorce rates than couples in traditional unions. Too boot, a large majority of those in the swinger’s lifestyle have some level of college education.
As you can see, swinging and couple swapping are not for any special type of individuals—it can be a lifestyle amenable to everyone!
Most couples start swinging for different reasons, but it often comes down to exploring their sexuality in a safe and exciting way. Ever since swinging became more prominent in mainstream culture, many couples have started to talk about the possibilities…
Learn why swinger couples don’t divorce as often as monogamous couples. Swinging refers to a lifestyle which is meant for adults and is luxurious and lavishing. This lifestyle is being practiced by many individual adults as well as by several married couples. There are several swinger clubs open in various places. It is also possible to lead a normal lifestyle with family and children along with a swinger lifestyle. But this may be a very challenging task. This lifestyle provides various sexual liberties to swinger couples without any infidelity or READ MORE
Despite being more prevalent in pop culture, swinging still remains a mysterious lifestyle that seems more like fiction than reality to the average person. However, sex positive couples can benefit tremendously from the swinging lifestyle. From increased trust to a heightened sensual experience, swinging can be a great addition to a healthy and stable relationship. If … Continue reading Top Benefits of Swinging For Sex Positive Couples